Nepal tourist VISA are available on arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu as well as the border points which is generally if entering Nepal via land. Online VISA application is also available and can be applied for Nepal Tourist VISA 15 days before your arrival to Nepal (valids for 6 months). The passport must have validation of more than 6 months before you enter Nepal.
According to the length of stay, you can apply for the following VISA types along with the VISA fees.
15 Days Nepal VISA - US$ 30
30 Days Nepal VISA - US$ 50
90 Days Nepal VISA- US$ 125
Following are the procedures for Tourist VISA on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA):
- Fill in “Arrival Card”.
- Fill in the “Tourist VISA Form” or you can fill it online at the Department of Immigration website. If you fill up the online form, you will get a submission receipt with barcode, print the receipt and bring it along for acquiring VISA. It will be valid for 15 days only and require you to fill up the form after that.
- Make payment at the bank according to your VISA requirement (15/30/90 days) or you can pay cash directly at the counter.
- Get the receipt.
- Proceed to Immigration desk along with your VISA form, payments receipt and your passport.
- Hand in the document to the immigration officer in order to issue VISA. The immigratio officer will issue the VISA upon their satisfaction.
VISA Extension Fees:
Tourist Visa extension is done for a minimum 15 days with US$ 45 and US$ 3 per day for additional days.
Incase of delay, US$ 5 is charged as late fine for less than 150 days.
Gratis (Free) VISA:
- Gratis VISA is available for 39 days for SAARC Nationals.
- Indians don't need VISA to enter Nepal.
- Chinese nationals can apply for gratis VISA.